Irish Pottery "Culchie Mug"
Vendor: Kiltrea Pottery
Our most celebrated product, the famous Irish “Culchie Mug” Exclusive product of Kiltrea Pottery Ireland with over 115 FIVE Star reviews on Amazon . This large mug and measures 4" diameter...
Our most celebrated product, the famous Irish “Culchie Mug”
- Exclusive product of Kiltrea Pottery Ireland with over 115 FIVE Star reviews on Amazon .
- This large mug and measures 4" diameter (5.5" including handle) by 4" height (450ml volume).
- Each Culchie Mug is made by hand in Ireland on a traditional potter’s wheel using blended native Irish clays from 30-year-old proprietary recipe.
- This is a big robust mug designed to be used everyday.
- Due to the handmade nature and finish of these products, each Culchie Mug is a true one-of-a-kind piece.
- Dishwasher safe, do not use in oven or microwave. 100% lead-free.
This is a very popular product here at The Irish Gift Market. If a mug could be a celebrity surely the "Culchie Mug" would be one!
We promise we will get your Culchie Mug to you within 48 hours with free shipping!
*Prefer to view and purchase this product on AMAZON.COM?* Just CLICK HERE
So what is a Culchie?
The word Culchie is a Hiberno-English term originally referring to the Irish worker building roads and canals in England during the last century. Many of these men were from the western town of Kiltimagh, pronounced Culchiemaa, in County Mayo, Ireland. This was later shortened to Culchie. Culchie Men loved their big, sturdy mugs of tea, and from that was born our Culchie Mug.
Like all stories which evolve over many years, they are subject to change. As we say in Ireland “stories grow legs” and these days the term Culchie refers to anyone who lives in the countryside of Ireland . The "Palette Glaze" finish on the Culchie Mug is exclusive to Kiltrea Pottery Ireland. This very unique glaze is made up of different hues of green, blue and gold on an ivory base. The random patterns make each pitcher a one of a kind, very robust and hardwearing
This Culchie Mug is very unique and much loved by people all over the world. It is big and robust with an amazing heritage, a true piece of Ireland that you can enjoy every day.